You’ve been Starred!
Posted on Apr 25, 2012
I love my Google Reader. I subscribe to a LOT of blogs, so it makes it really easy for me to catch up with all of them and make sure I’m not missing anything good. The only downside is that now that I can click through so quickly, I don’t comment on other blogs as much as I used to. But I am trying to be better about this! Promise!
The other cool thing about Reader is that I can “Star” or bookmark the articles that I’m particularly interested in and that I might want to reference later. So I thought it would be fun to give you a peek at what I’ve saved lately.
1. Tangerine Marmalade from Circle B Kitchen. I am SO not a cook, but this just looked amazing, and fairly easy so I may have to try it one of these days. Hey! A girl can dream
2. Criterion for Evaluating an Agent – Kristin Nelson. Yeah, I’m a total fan girl – I’ve been following Ms. Nelson since she first started her blog and I *still* get amazing information from her. Needless to say she’s at the top of my dream agent list.
3. Staple this to your forehead - All writing tips are not created equal – Larry Brooks. One of my go-to guys for writing/plotting/story structure. Larry tells it like it is and doesn’t pull punches.
4. Fatbombs – Until the Thin Lady Sings. I’ve been thinking about trying low-carb again and with things like this to eat, how could I not??
5. The New World of Publishing – No Balance – Dean Wesley Smith. My go-to guy on self-publishing. Dean breaks it down very clearly and with no padding. When should you go with self-publishing vs. when you should try traditional. I’m finally getting it, thanks to this guy. And yeah – according to him, you can make up to 10 TIMES the amount indie publishing. Astonishing numbers here.
So there you go. The last five things I’ve starred from my Google Reader. How about you guys? Come across any amazing blog posts lately? How do you follow blogs? Do you use GR or do you have another method?