Yes, I am back from vacation – 7 perfect days in Northern Michigan. Charlevoix to be specific. And I wish (oh how I wish) that I was back there. My dad is originally from there, and I spent summers there while growing up, so it’s the one place in the world that feels like a sanctuary and a retreat to me.
This year, I desperately needed that sanctuary. With starting a new job, giving up on one book and starting work on another, crazy coworkers, pets who can’t sleep through the night, and enough other stress to fry my brain, I needed to get away.
And so I did. My one goal while on vacation was to do absolutely nothing. Mission accomplished.
This is how I did nothing during my Fall Vacation:
1. Watch the Sun Rise over Lake Charlevoix
2. Sleep Until Noon (Most days)
3. Walk on the Pier
4. Enjoy the Sunshine
5. Read a Book (Nine to be precise – reviews will be forthcoming)
6. Shopping Therapy in Petoskey
7. Feel the Wind in My Hair
8. Eat Lunch at an Outdoor Cafe (I had no idea a Whitefish Club Sandwich would be so delish!)
9. Watch the Moon Rise